Tuesday, February 10, 2009

11 months old today

Time has flown since the last post and I am a huge slacker. We have celebrated Thanksgiving and Christmas, had two birthdays and a happy new year! So now I am updating something from today! Alyssa is 11 months old today. 18 lbs and running. She has been walking for about 3 weeks and crawling up the stairs longer than that. She recently burned both sides of her wrist with my hair straightener. Poor thing. It was so ugly, but it is starting to look better. We claim she can say Daisy and yesterday Jackie, but maybe we are just excited and hopeful. Definately sure there is a mommy and daddy in there. She is an independent soul. The other day I thought she was downstairs with me, but I found her upstairs playing in the toy room. We now use the gate a lot more. She loves mom, but as soon as dad walks in the door I am no longer needed. At least not until she is tired or hungry. Our house is finally on the mend from being sick for the last 3 weeks (pinworms, croup, 2 ear infections, a burned wrist, rotovirus, mono and an extreme sleep deprivation for mom and dad). Things are looking much better this week. Hans and I keep saying, "It can't last forever." HOpe you have a great day!

8 comments:

Stacey Mowers and Family said...

Ouch! That looks like it hurts, poor girl. Hope you guys all stay healthy the rest of the winter, we have had our fair share of illness, can't wait til it warms up.
I would love to have another baby, but I don't enjoy the infant stage. Why is that everyone else's babies grow up faster than mine? 11 months already? Seem like you just had her!
We need to get together sometime soon. Miss you guys.

Kristen said...

Happy un-birthday to Alyssa! So glad you've recovered from all the ailments. I probably would have just checked myself into the hospital for a break!

N Godown said...

I'm so glad you are back posting again! I miss my Jenkins family. And I am happy that everyone is getting much better. Happy 11 months! What a cutie she is!

Annie Miller said...

Ouch! I hope she gets healthy! Her walking and weight put Grace to shame :) I can't believe she's already 11 months!!!

Heidi said...

You are such a fun Mama! I love the balance beam in the background - you girls have no chance but to be gymnasts. Can you believe how fast they grow! I can't. Seems like it is that time of year that everyone is sick - we just got over lots of crud at our house. Great to have you posting again! Love ya - Heidi

April said...

She is getting so big and poor little girl with the burnt wrist! I'm glad your girls are finally feeling better. Annie looks so much like Maddison!

Mo and Kristi said...

Oh wow. They are getting so big!!! Miss you guys!

hendywow said...

You have a Beautiful family...I work with Hans at peoria medi, follow my link and the top pic is the work of my photographer friend Heather's. She is on my blogroll.